24 Hours in Seattle

by JessB on ‎08-17-2014 09:34 AM - last edited on ‎08-17-2014 10:20 PM by Lithium Technologies (627 Views)

The frenzy of preparation is over. As I watch the sun rise from the plane’s small portal window, it hits me. In less than 48 hours, I will be in what seems like another world compared to Florida. Alaska.

A mere two hours later, our team of travel agents meets in Atlanta. Many of us strangers, brought together by our passion to travel and discover all the world has to offer. This is the start of an awe-inspiring journey to America’s Final Frontier… after a 5-hour packed flight to Seattle with a lot of children on board. Thank you headphone inventor.

We arrive in Seattle at noon and we’re starved with nowhere to grab a bite to eat. After we get to the hotel and freshen up, it’s back on the shuttle, to hop on the light rail for a 40-minute ride into Downtown Seattle. We arrive, along with 50,000 other people who convened for an annual festival. The hunt for food is on. Finally, Pike’s Market is in sight.

Then BAM, the senses are overwhelmed with the smell of flowers, fish, and pastries. Men yell, as they throw fish at one another putting on a show while tourists laugh in amazement. I see more camera phones then I do faces. The rows of exotic flowers are enchanting and only $10 a bouquet. A giant, gold piggy bank collects donations in the corner as children jump on its back.

Finally, I ask a local where to get a good meal. He happily directs me to Lowell’s Restaurant. Finally, food! Fish tacos and a bowl of clam chowder to be exact. Life can go on now.

Apparently, restrooms are thing of urgency here… interesting.

As we turn the corner, we see a line that wraps around the building, which leads us to believe there’s something we can’t miss. A celebrity, free samples of deliciousness, puppies? Why else would more than a hundred people stand in line on a hot and humid street? We quickly learned what this captivating attraction was… the Original Starbucks. Neat as it may be, my guess is the coffee tastes just the same as the Starbucks a block down the road. We snap a few pics and pass on by.

The day grows dark as men play chess in the park and Lamborghinis screech by. The city is nice, but it’s not why we came here.

We’re beat. Back on the rail, we quietly ride to the hotel ready to embark on a journey that leaves the city’s smog behind.

Announcements
Thank you for taking part in the AAA Community page. The current page will be changing Dec. 27, but your favorite information can still be found throughout the AAA site.

Travel Ideas can be found on Travel Ideas.
On The Road can be found on Auto Advice.
Member Stories can be found on the
Travel Ideas Share page.
Traveler Reviews can be found on the
Traveler Reviews page.
AAA Living can be found on the
AAA Living landing page.