Occasional Visitor
beebeskv1

A/C Blower Fan stopped working

Dear Pete:

My A/C and Heat work fine, but the Fan totally stopped working.  Is this an expensive problem to fix?  Where to bring car that I can trust nearby for quote--33308 Zip (NE Fort Lauderdale).  I have a 1998 Ford ZX2 with only 38,000 original miles, and I love my car.  I am disabled and live on a small SSD payment each month, but need the A/C constantly here in FL.  Please advise cost, and anything else you can think of.  What about a bad fuse?

Honored Contributor
AAAPete

There are many things that can make a fan stop working. I...

There are many things that can make a fan stop working. It could be anything from a blown fuse to a bad blower motor to a bad fan switch. The best way to know for sure is to have a qualified technician formally inspect and diagnose your vehicle. You can find the nearest AAA Approved Auto repair facility by going to our "automotive" page and then using the facility search feature. Repair costs may vary from $10 - $300. There really isn't any way to tell until you know exactly what's wrong.

Occasional Visitor
beebeskv1

A/C Blower Fan stopped working

Dear PeteAAA,

Thanks for your reply.  I just don't trust any mechanic--but I do have a local AAA repair shop with a good rep--just a little more expensive....

Will I be charged for a diagnosis?  If so, approximately how much should I expect to pay for the diagnosis?  I have another problem with a gasoline smell (sometimes when I park on an incline) and possible very slow leak in my parking place.  Would this have a separate diagnosis charge, or part of AAA's free safety check?  (I am on low-income SS Disability, so cost is a concern before I can get fixed.) 

Thank you, again!

Community Manager
StephenW

Give your shop a call

If you have an AAR shop with a good rep (they all do or we wouldn't approve them  :smileywink: ), why not give them a call? Tell them your an AAA member and briefly describe your two issues. They can give you all the info you need plus set a convenient appointment time for you. Ask if they have a driver who can take you back home and pick you up later after the work is complete.

Let us know how it turns out!

Honored Contributor
AAAPete

Ditto!

Ditto!