Honored Contributor
AAAPete

Ask me your auto questions!

Do you have a question about car repair, maintenance, or other vehicle issues? We're here to help!

aamenda

Re: Ask me your auto questions!

Hi Pete - do you have any approved bike shops with special discounts?  That would be awesome as I own a Harley!!

Honored Contributor
AAAPete

I'm glad you asked!! If you live in Seminole County, you're in luck. We recently contracted with Seminloe Harley-Davidson, Buell as our first AAA Approved Motorcycle Repair facility. This facility offer AAA Members 10% discount on motor clothes, parts, accessories,rentals and Eagle Rider, rider training. Their number is XXX-XXXX.  

Advisor
DavidM

Pete, am I better off having the shop check out and service my air conditioning at the end of summer or before summer?

Honored Contributor
AAAPete

If your A/C is fuctioning normally you really shouldn't have to do anything but as the outside temperatures start to heat up, if it just doesn't seem as cold as it should, I would get the system checked before the heat of the summer. A properly functioning system will always operate more efficiently and ultimately put less strain on your engine saving you money at the pumps.

Advisor
CherryBlossom

Does a screw in your tire mean the tire is shot?

Honored Contributor
AAAPete

Not necessarily! In many cases, the tire can be properly repaired by applying an internal patch. Note: "plugging" a tire is not considered a proper repair nor is it recognized by tire manufacturers as a recommended repair. Depending on the size of the screw and the location of the puncture relative to the side or edge of tire most typical screw punctures can be fixed. If the puncture is near the edge of the tire or in the sidewall, the tire is ruined. Another alternative to patching a tire is the use of a liquid tire sealant called Slime. AAA has used Slime in many emergency road service situations with great success. Note: this is considered a temporary repair and the tire should still be repaired properly with an internal patch. The use of Slime is recognized by many tire manufacturers as a temporary repair and will not void the tire warranty.     

Community Manager
StephenW

This thread has a whole bunch of very different auto topics. I'm going to close it so that we can create new threads with topic specific questions. Please keep them coming!