Clare

Car will not start

Pete, I hope someone can help.

I have a 1995 Mitsubishi Galant (105,000 miles). I usually have no problem starting the car but for several months when its time to return home, about an hour the car will not start. I have called AAA many times and sometimes it will start when they arrive. The last time they towed the car to an AAA authorized Shop and they kept it 5 days. They said it started every day and could not find anything wrong with it. Battery and alternator is good.

Need help

Thanks,

Honored Contributor
AAAPete

Unfortunately the descriptor, "will not start" is too vag...

Unfortunately the descriptor, "will not start" is too vague to make a suggestion. Does the engine turn over but not start or does it not even turn over?

Clare

Will not start

The engine turns over but will not start.

Honored Contributor
AAAPete

Okay, thanks! There can be several things that can cause...

Okay, thanks! There can be several things that can cause the engine to crank but not start. This could include a faulty fuel pump, crank sensor, electronic control module and/or a variety of other components. The best way to know for sure is to have a qualified technician formally inspect and diagnose your concern. I know you have left your car at the shop already and it started every time but because of the infrequency of occurrence, the shop will have to duplicate the concern in order to pinpoint the cause.