The Value of a 24-Point Vehicle Inspection

by Lithium Technologies ‎06-08-2015 12:32 PM - edited ‎06-25-2015 04:44 PM (9,448 Views)

You can’t put a price on peace of mind, especially when it comes to preventing your car from breaking down on the road, but AAA Members can get that peace of mind for free at a AAA Approved Auto Repair facility.

Taking your vehicle to the shop for routine maintenance such as an oil change or tire rotation is one of the best ways to prevent it from breaking down on the road, but that alone isn’t enough to ensure a vehicle won’t break down. Having it periodically inspected by a certified technician helps identify problems before they stop you in your tracks.

AAA Members receive a free 24-point vehicle inspection at thousands of AAA Approved Auto Repair facilities nationwide, where a certified technician will examine components most often responsible for a breakdown. The list of things they check can include—but is not limited to—fluid level and quality, tire condition, battery, belts and hoses, burned-out lights and more.

But that’s not the only reason to take your vehicle to a AAA Approved Auto Repair shop. In addition to the free inspection, AAA Members also receive a 10 percent discount on labor for any work done as well as a 24-month/24,000-mile guarantee on parts and labor, which was recently doubled from its previous 12/12 protection.

Many AAA Members take advantage of the free inspection when they bring in their vehicle for routine maintenance, such as an oil change or tire rotation. But this service also provides great value in other situations, such as checking it for road-readiness before taking it on a long trip.

To take precaution and ensure that your vehicle doesn’t break down, find your nearest AAA Approved Auto Repair shop.

A version of this story appears in the May/June 2015 issue of AAA Living magazine.

Comments
by pastorzip
on ‎07-02-2015 11:21 PM

Every time I click the link to "find your nearest AAA Approved Auto Repair shop," I end up at the site for the Carolinas AAA.  Alas, I live in Illinois and am a member of the Chicago Motor Club.  How do I find my nearest shop to get the free inspection?

Steven P. Tibbetts,
Peoria, Illinois

by Jarvhayes
on ‎07-03-2015 09:08 PM
Hiram ga.
by Community Manager
on ‎07-06-2015 08:29 AM

Hi, Mr. Tibbetts,

Every once in a while, AAA.com gets a little persnickety. If you click here, you should be able to enter your home zip code which should reset AAA.com's location services.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Stephen

by RHolmstrom
on ‎09-10-2015 11:31 AM

I have a 2013 Subaru Outback 3.5. I have just reached 30,000 miles. The maintenance book says to have the transmission fluid and the differential fluid "inspected" every 30,000 miles, but it never says when to change it.  The Subaru service tech says the fluid is dark and asked me if I want to chasnge it? How do I know when to change it?

Thanks.

by
on ‎09-11-2015 11:38 AM
Hello, The manufacturer does not have a recommended change interval for transmission fluid or differential fluid, except for under severe driving conditions, at which the recommended change cycle is every 15,000 miles.
Announcements
Thank you for taking part in the AAA Community page. The current page will be changing Dec. 27, but your favorite information can still be found throughout the AAA site.

Travel Ideas can be found on Travel Ideas.
On The Road can be found on Auto Advice.
Member Stories can be found on the
Travel Ideas Share page.
Traveler Reviews can be found on the
Traveler Reviews page.
AAA Living can be found on the
AAA Living landing page.