Why You Need WeatherFX Alerts on Your Cell Phone

by Lithium Technologies ‎04-06-2015 11:39 AM - edited ‎04-28-2015 05:04 PM (8,647 Views)

Don’t let rainy weather water down your plans. Get the WeatherFX Alert app, free for AAA Members, and always be prepared for severe weather with targeted warnings for your location.

From spring floods to summer thunderstorms, ’tis the season for severe weather. Be ready with WeatherFX Alert, a free benefit for AAA Members. Once you sign up, you’ll receive texts or emails when bad weather is headed your way. WeatherFX Alert’s state-of-the-art radar and monitoring means you get targeted warnings for the locations you provide—down to the street address. The advance notice gives you time to bring pets inside, move cars into garages or warn loved ones. Plus, WeatherFX Alert is easy to customize, so you get just the information you need, when you need it. Here are three ways to make it work for you:

Choose your alerts. Hail, lightning, extreme temperatures, flooding, strong winds and more—WeatherFX Alert lets you pick the severe-weather warnings that are most relevant to you.

Select your locations. Enter up to five addresses and receive alerts with street-level accuracy. In addition to home or work, you can enter addresses for loved ones across town or across the country. 

Make it mobile. Register your mobile number to receive texts on your phone. That way, you stay up to date on weather conditions, even while you’re on the go.

To sign up for WeatherFX Alert, go to AAA.com/Weather.

A version of this story appears in the May/June 2015 issue of AAA Living magazine.

Image credit/source: Blend Images/Masterfile

Comments
by badger21
on ‎06-12-2015 11:44 AM

I'm trying to register for weather alerts, but keep getting an error message that information is not correct. I know the address, phone # and email are correct.  What's up?

by badger21
on ‎06-12-2015 11:50 AM

I keep getting this message: "There was an error creating your account. Please verify that all information is valid."

My mailing address is a PO Box. It won't take that. I enter the physical address, house # and street name. It won't accept that either. The phone # and email address I'm using are correct. I clicked the "agree to terms of service" box.

Announcements
Thank you for taking part in the AAA Community page. The current page will be changing Dec. 27, but your favorite information can still be found throughout the AAA site.

Travel Ideas can be found on Travel Ideas.
On The Road can be found on Auto Advice.
Member Stories can be found on the
Travel Ideas Share page.
Traveler Reviews can be found on the
Traveler Reviews page.
AAA Living can be found on the
AAA Living landing page.