I-Phone/Mobile App for AAA Community members

by Fletch on ‎11-16-2010 12:16 PM

I noticed a recent thread that was discussing a mobile App for AAA (specificially I-phone).  Just thought I would add this to the Ideas platform, so members could vote on it.

My suggestion is that the mobile interaction not be limited to just an I-phone, but all mobile devices that members could be traveling with as well.

Thanks Fletch for bringing this idea forward from one of the AAA Community threads! There is a wide selection of mobile devices available supporting proprietary platforms like Apple's iPhone, Blackberry and Android, just to name a few. Of the current 3 AAA mobile applications (AAA Discounts, AAA Roadside and AAA TripTik Mobile) AAA Discounts is now available for Android users and AAA Roadside is also being developed for Android mobile devices. AAA also has AAA Mobile Web, that provides support for any mobile device with Internet access. Maybe a similar solution may work for your idea. Let's hear more from our other AAA Community Members. Please comment and vote for this idea if you like it. For more information on AAA Mobile applications, please click the following link: AAA.com/AAAMobile

Comments
by
‎11-17-2010 08:18 AM - edited ‎11-26-2010 04:44 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thanks Fletch for bringing this idea forward from one of the AAA Community threads! There is a wide selection of mobile devices available supporting proprietary platforms like Apple's iPhone, Blackberry and Android, just to name a few. Of the current 3 AAA mobile applications (AAA Discounts, AAA Roadside and AAA TripTik Mobile) AAA Discounts is now available for Android users and AAA Roadside is also being developed for Android mobile devices. AAA also has AAA Mobile Web, that provides support for any mobile device with Internet access. Maybe a similar solution may work for your idea. Let's hear more from our other AAA Community Members. Please comment and vote for this idea if you like it. For more information on AAA Mobile applications, please click the following link: AAA.com/AAAMobile

by tanasue44
on ‎12-20-2010 05:23 PM

Maybe you could carry that a step further and have a AAA Favorites on GPS systems. I just got my Garmin and I haven't checked to see if AAA is listed under Points of Interest. You could list the places that offer AAA discounts under there, too. Would that be cool to go to AAA Discounts and find a list of the "brick and mortar" retailers?

by Community Manager
on ‎05-12-2011 04:41 PM

Just to let you know, AAA national has released the TripTik Mobile app for Android devices. You can download it at AAA.com/Mobile.

by GENALT
on ‎06-30-2011 12:42 PM

I agree apps should be on all platforms.  I do not have a smart phone, but I do have an Ipad2 that I use when I travel.  It would be great to have an app for the Ipad2.  Thank you.

by Community Manager
on ‎06-30-2011 02:02 PM

Oh, I thought the apps for the iPhone also worked on the iPad. I don't have one so I haven't checked. Does anyone else know?

by CJK
on ‎07-03-2011 09:14 PM

I would really appreciate AAA apps for the Windows 7 Phone platform.

by CJK
on ‎07-03-2011 09:19 PM

BTW - for those who have nonsupported platforms like Windows phone, iPad, etc...  A static workaround that you can try in the mean time is to use the TripTik Travel Planner on the web site to create your maps, guides, etc., save them as PDF files, then upload them to your portable device.  As long as your device has an Adobe Reader on it you can at least have some electronic documents in your pocket.  It's better than nothing. 

by Community Manager
on ‎07-05-2011 09:12 AM

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything about Windows 7, but I'll ask again.

Don't forget our mobile website, AAA.mobi. You can get maps and directions there, plus discounts, roadside assistance and more. 

by
on ‎02-07-2016 12:32 PM

Thank you AAA for the app on my android phone!!! Sorry but i always hated haveing to call AAA and talking to someone with all the many time consuming questions i had to answer just to get someone to come to me!! Now you just go to the app ...it knows where you are and just click for someone to come!! Instant help without the hassle!!!

by sallyannmyers
on ‎02-16-2016 07:12 PM

I have been a member for 50 years.  Most of the time I have been happy with AAA.   A few years back, I was told when I reach 50 years, my yearly dues would be reduced by 50%.  I called about it last year and was told I would have to wait until this year.  Now Customer Service says they have done away with it.  I feel it should be continued or I should be grandfathered in.      I have had to reduce my membership to the Classic and dropped the medical rider.

Also, I have not been impressed with the Customer Service people.   When I have been told they would call me back, I don't hear anything and I have to call them eventually.  As one that use to work in this area, I'm fully aware how I'm treated.

Announcements

Do you have an idea for new or better products and services? How can we serve you better? You’ve come to the right place! Here's what you can do:

>Read first to see what’s already been posted. If there’s a similar idea, you can discuss it to enhance it and vote it up!

>Share your ideas. Got an idea? We want to hear it no matter how big, small or wild it may be. Why keep it to yourself?

>Vote for ideas. See an idea you like? Give kudos for it by clicking on the UP ARROW icon. Email your friends to give it kudos. These ideas bubble up to the top. Which do you like best?

Let’s keep the conversation going! We will be providing challenges to brainstorm, while monitoring popular ideas and actionable suggestions AAA Community member come up with. Come back often to see new ideas and changes to the Suggestion Box as this features grows. Let's make something happen.

AAA
To ensure you receive the best service,
please enter your ZIP code: