Pet Friendly

by dldart67 on ‎03-30-2011 11:34 AM

My family are going on vacation in May and plan to take our small active and happy dog.  I have spent many hours looking for pet friendly accomodations that allow you to leave your unattended pet in the room for awhile and not add additional charge, a doggy day care that lets your pet interact with other dogs throughout the day (and not charge an arm and leg), restaurants that are pet friendly as long as you and your pet eat outside.  I found these by using many, many, search engines and it was worth it.  I think it would be great if AAA had the availability for the members to have one place to search instead.

Comments
by
‎03-31-2011 10:09 AM - edited ‎03-31-2011 10:10 AM

Hi dldart67,

That is an interesting idea, and we actually have something similar, though not in a search engine format.  We have both our AAA Petbook website, which contains tips and information for traveling with pets, and its companion book (of the same name), which contains pet-friendly hotels, attractions, and campgrounds and is available at many of our branches and online through the Barnes and Noble website.  You are also able to choose pet-friendly hotels when searching for hotels in our hotel listings.

As to your original idea, I will bring it up with the appropriate department. In the meantime, I would love to hear other Members' thoughts on the idea.  Would this be something you would be interested in?  What else would you like to see in a pet-friendly travel search engine?  Please feel free to comment and/or click the arrow on the left side of the page to vote for this idea. 

dldart67 thanks again for the idea and thanks for being part of AAA!

by
on ‎03-31-2011 10:11 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by
on ‎07-20-2011 11:33 AM

Yes!  Pet friendly vacation tips would be Great!!  (ps.  Dunedin, Safety Harbor and Tarpon Springs FL all have a bunch of restaurants that allow well behaved pets to join you outside for dining!)

by
on ‎07-20-2011 11:42 AM

In addition to the pet book, you can check out the AAA PetSpot. You'll find loads of travel tips, pet-friendly savings and more. 

Announcements

Do you have an idea for new or better products and services? How can we serve you better? You’ve come to the right place! Here's what you can do:

>Read first to see what’s already been posted. If there’s a similar idea, you can discuss it to enhance it and vote it up!

>Share your ideas. Got an idea? We want to hear it no matter how big, small or wild it may be. Why keep it to yourself?

>Vote for ideas. See an idea you like? Give kudos for it by clicking on the UP ARROW icon. Email your friends to give it kudos. These ideas bubble up to the top. Which do you like best?

Let’s keep the conversation going! We will be providing challenges to brainstorm, while monitoring popular ideas and actionable suggestions AAA Community member come up with. Come back often to see new ideas and changes to the Suggestion Box as this features grows. Let's make something happen.

AAA
To ensure you receive the best service,
please enter your ZIP code: