Rewards for unused service calls

by on ‎02-23-2011 09:30 AM

I was a member for 24 years, lef t for year and am back again! One of the reasons I left was the frustration of barely ever using my service calls (5 for my daugher and 5 for myself). Despite the fact my 2000 Ford F-150 has 388,000 miles, I've gone this year without one call for help, as has my daughter. The same for my last year of membership. Maybe a reward of an extra service call or two for those like myself that don't tax the system would be nice. Or a discount toward the following years renewal. It's nice to know AAA is there when we need you, but also for those of us who are willing to change our own flat tires, get a buddy to jump start us or help push us to pop the clucth, a nice reward should be in order. I think it could also serve as an incentive for other people to "save" their calls for more serious instances and try and do the "do-able" stuff themselves.

Mark Greenfield

Mark, Thank you for the great idea. I know that a program similar to what you suggested is currently being discussed by our membership team. I am going to pass this post to the team, so they can read a members perspective. Thanks again, Amy
Comments
by
on ‎02-23-2011 01:26 PM
Status changed to: Under Consideration
Mark, Thank you for the great idea. I know that a program similar to what you suggested is currently being discussed by our membership team. I am going to pass this post to the team, so they can read a members perspective. Thanks again, Amy
by vjlupi
on ‎04-05-2011 10:20 PM

I totally agree with Mark Greenfield's idea......I have been a member since 1980......I tell EVERYONE   I KNOW, DON'T KNOW (ie:Cashiers, CSR's I talk to , anyone I have contact with.......I tell them how Great AAA is, all of the discounts, etc.     Mark Greenfield's suggestin is quite justified......We pay for years......years go by and I never called for assistance......we should get a reduction on the next years renewal......something.

I also agree with the "Pet Friendly" suggestion, .....actually, all of the sugguestions are great........

I also pay extra for the Medical Part and never have used it........Yes,   a  percentage off the following year's renewal.  Thanks,  VJ Lupi

by
on ‎07-20-2011 11:37 AM

I think this is a great idea too!  maybe a nice discount off of each renewal year when you don't use much service!

by Hg80
on ‎12-22-2012 07:40 AM

Isn't offering financial reward to those who don't use the service the equivalent of charging the people who do?  And isn't that what charging the membership fee is for, to begin with?  You already have some variants like Plus for people who think they might need more.

by Peggy_O
on ‎01-22-2013 12:20 PM

Financially awarding people who do not use the services they have paid for and projected to use and not informing new subcribers of discounts they are entitled to are both just poor business practices.   These practices are a sure route to losing patronage in an already compromised business environment.

by Nanapher
on ‎01-28-2013 11:27 AM

I have been a stady member for over 30 years to be honestly frank on rewards for good members should be in all the seves that AAA pervide. I would like a over all 30% discount on any service I use like at holets and or all travel booked though AAA. Car rentles, insurance, Driving courses, online schools & more. I think if you earn a good standing with AAA then the love can grow. 

by dmueller
on ‎08-19-2013 09:39 AM

How about adding an extra five miles to the distance you can get towed for every year you are a member.

by alibert
on ‎02-11-2014 03:23 PM

Certainly, an idea to consider. With 45 year membership, have used road assistance only 2 or 3 times over entire membership.

Announcements

Do you have an idea for new or better products and services? How can we serve you better? You’ve come to the right place! Here's what you can do:

>Read first to see what’s already been posted. If there’s a similar idea, you can discuss it to enhance it and vote it up!

>Share your ideas. Got an idea? We want to hear it no matter how big, small or wild it may be. Why keep it to yourself?

>Vote for ideas. See an idea you like? Give kudos for it by clicking on the UP ARROW icon. Email your friends to give it kudos. These ideas bubble up to the top. Which do you like best?

Let’s keep the conversation going! We will be providing challenges to brainstorm, while monitoring popular ideas and actionable suggestions AAA Community member come up with. Come back often to see new ideas and changes to the Suggestion Box as this features grows. Let's make something happen.

AAA
To ensure you receive the best service,
please enter your ZIP code: