AAA’s Mobile Battery Service Saved the Day

by Community Manager on ‎02-10-2015 01:58 PM (878 Views)

AAA’s Mobile Battery Service helped Shirley J. get her daughters to a party they didn’t want to miss.

My two daughters sat excitedly in the back seat. We were about to drive to a birthday party for one of their friends. And not just any party: There would be bowling, pizza and laser tag! But when I turned the key to start the car, nothing happened—except that clicking noise that makes your heart sink. I told the girls, ages 4 and 6, that we might be a little late. Then I called AAA.

I’ve been a member since I was in my 20s and single. It’s really paid off over the years. I’ve used Roadside Assistance several times for flat tires, and AAA has always been there to help me on my way.

This time, a technician arrived within 20 minutes, tested my battery, and confirmed what I suspected: I needed a new one. Then he explained that with AAA’s Mobile Battery Service, he could put in a new battery right then—so I wouldn’t have to spend time going to a repair shop. When I found out the price included installation and a three-year full-replacement warranty, I felt like it was my birthday!

Only an hour had passed by the time we pulled out of the garage and headed to the party. My girls were thrilled—and so was I. The convenience of getting a new battery installed on the spot was nearly as valuable as seeing the smiles on my daughters’ faces when we got to the party—just in time for pizza and laser tag.

To learn more about AAA’s Mobile Battery Service, visit AAA.com/Battery.

A version of this story appears in the May/June 2013 issue of AAA Living magazine.

Image credit: David Bowman

Announcements
Thank you for taking part in the AAA Community page. The current page will be changing Dec. 27, but your favorite information can still be found throughout the AAA site.

Travel Ideas can be found on Travel Ideas.
On The Road can be found on Auto Advice.
Member Stories can be found on the
Travel Ideas Share page.
Traveler Reviews can be found on the
Traveler Reviews page.
AAA Living can be found on the
AAA Living landing page.