Trusted Contributor
Adrienne

Kick Off the New Year

[ Edited ]

5088iFD4188BAC6E389DE

Happy New Year!!!

Simply post your top New Year’s Resolution and you will automatically be entered to WIN a $500 Visa Gift Card!5090i90A7A7423BE71A81

The contest runs through 1/25/11. Winner will be drawn at random and announced on 2/7/11. Best of luck to everyone!

The contest is now over, thanks to everyone for entering! Our Winners Blog will soon be updated to announce the winners!

5092i6460986DF668AB67

Occasional Advisor
kwzielke

Get this body moving!

Established Member
HowGross

New Year's Resolution

As "traditional" or "typical" as it sounds, I intend to lose weight and stick to it this time. I've lost over 200 lbs, but in the last 3 years started gaining about 25 lbs back. I need to stay focused. I know what to do and how to do it. I just need to stay focused on my motivations for doing so. My health, mentally I feel better because I feel better about myself, also for my 6 1/2 year old daughter and foster child we are currently waiting for, both of whom I want to be around for. "Cliche" of a resolution maybe, but it is one I intend to keep.

Occasional Visitor
mojoto

Hand write a letter.

At least once a month hand write a letter to someone you know and send it out in the mail.  It has become such a lost art and who doesn't love to receive an unexpected friendly letter in the mail instead of bills!

Occasional Visitor
gweiss

New Year's Resolution

My resolution this year, when we are surrounded by so many people who are much less fortunate than I am, is to volunteer my time a minimum of two days a week. I am certain I can be of service to organizations such as FISH, where I can drive people who are unable to drive, and might not have support, to doctor appointments or for chemotherapy/radiation treatments. Helping Hands is another non-profit I am interested in providing time to; I can commit to delivering meals to the house-bound or do telephone/office work. I would also be very interested in getting involved with the local after-school program, wherein I could help a youngster improve reading skills. There are so many opportunities for donating time to a community.

Gail Weiss

Occasional Visitor

New Years Resolution

I have a very special New Years Resolution for 2011.  Our son has a brain tumor and my resolution is for him to have a good year and live thru 2011.  He has two daughters, one graduating from college and one graduating from high school.  We are hopeful that he will be here to celebrate that with us in May.  My life has changed so drastically this past year that I can only pray for this next year to be much better.

Advisor
poipounders

2011 Resolution

My resolution is to stick to my budget and start paying down debt.

Occasional Visitor
jrb1934

new year's resolution

I resolve to look both ways.

Look backward and count my blessings.

Look forward and anticipate more joy in my life.

Advisor
chgoill

Continue participating.....

My new year's resolution for 2011 is to continue participating in investigational studies/clinical trials in attempt to get researchers closer to finding cures for incurable cancers.

Frequent Visitor
getalife7

new years resolution.

for my new years resolution I am going to loose the weight I gained and then start walking more and staying healthy.

Advisor
jkafin

New Year's Resolution...

Take time to make myself more presentable everyday and keep up with my gym schedule.

Occasional Visitor
critterkim

Kick off the New Year

To start saving so I can put something down on a place up by my sister.

skylark

New Year's Resolution

My New Year's Resolution is to keep up my aikido classes and to spread the good news about  aikido. I started learning this Japanese martial art at the ripe old age of 51, it was offered as a self defence course at a local community college. Going to class 3 times a week I increased my  fitness level and flexibility and lost 60lbs, helped by the fact that aikido engages your brain so I hardly noticed I was exercising!  To see some typical examples of teaching go to www.aikidoofgainesville. Aikido is suitable for all ages - especially for women, and men who aren't at the Rambo end of the spectrum  since it's not based on muscular strength but on using principles of leverage and redirecting an attacker's momentum of energy to achieve a non-combative resolution of a violent confrontation. Our dojo gives demonstrations to schools and summer camps and tries to educate the public that not all martial arts are competitive male posturing. We give an annual demonstration for the general public as a fund -raiser for St Jude's Children's Hospital and if I win this sweepstake I would like to donate the Visa card as a raffle prize. Don't be like that lady swinging her purse at the School Board shooting: sign up for aikido lessons and learn how to effectively diffuse a violent situation.

Occasional Advisor
Steven11

I'll try to be nice to everyone.

Occasional Visitor
femmequity

Resolutions

1. Keep in contact with extended family members once a month.

2. Exercise 3x week at the freeeeeee gym at my office.

3. Eat 3 servings of vegetables each day.

4. COntinue saving in my 401(k).

Advisor
m18s

My new year resolution

1. maintain Health...Work Outs :smileyhappy:

2. Get admission to MBA degree

Occasional Visitor
sandibee

New Year's Resolution

Take care of myself for my family's sake.

Occasional Visitor
jtrjulie

New Year's Resolution

Start using The Pickle Jar Theory for better time management.

Occasional Visitor
JackieB

2011 New Year's Resolution!

My New Year's Resolution is to be more kinder next year,  

Occasional Visitor
howcomeur

New year's resolution

Hoping to have more patience with my kids!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Occasional Visitor
klkirst

new year resolution

Walk my dogs more often

Occasional Visitor
lauraleah8

New Years Resolution

My New Year's Resolution is to cherish my family more and spend more time with them.  I lost my  precious Dad this year and thankfully I was able to fly from Florida to PA each month from June to November to see him and spend time with him.  If I had it to do all over again, I would have figured out a way to spend more time with him while he was healthy. So for my family that is healthy I vow to see them more often and let each one know how important they are to me. Thanks for the opportunity to put this in writing.

Occasional Visitor
pamfill

New Years resolution

I will surrender 45 lbs. in 2011..

Occasional Visitor
hernommy

New Year's Resolution

This year I am going to encourage my daughter to show an act of kindness every day. Maybe she will draw a picture for an older relative, recycle, donate an outgrown toy or ariticle of clothing. There are many things little ones can do and this is something we can do together to make others happy.

Occasional Visitor
121gigi

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION

Be more organized!      

Advisor
Ballfields20

new years resolution

remember the golden rule

Occasional Advisor
difihair

2011 Resolution

I will work hard to keep my advice, thoughts and ideas to myself unless asked for! I will practice the art of responding with "ah ha, I see" and "You'll figure it out son" and offer instead smiles of contentment 

Super Advisor
babtwins

New Years Resolution

Mine is to finally quit smoking.

Occasional Visitor
SharonLi

New Year

Plan to truly stick to a set budget, clean out clutter and get more organized. Will need to keep working on stopping and taking more 'me' time.  Hopefully this will all allow for a more peaceful and calm year, which is desperately needed.

Advisor
mbashista

New Years Resolution

To make me and my doctor happy by losing weight. Wishing for good health and good fortune [which many are in need of] in the coming year.

Occasional Visitor
DawnJoy00

New Years Resolution Contest

I resolve to be a better listener in the new year.

Occasional Visitor
pmcmill474

New Year's Resolution

Eat less sugar!!

Advisor
romeobunny

new years resolution

well it would have to be to get more balanced in my life..find more time to balance work, play and family.

Advisor
romeobunny

Happy New Year

LIVE LIFE to the fullest

pakegirl

New Year's Resolutions

I'm going to try harder to not have regrets.  I'm going to treat myself to something at least once a

month, whether it be a nice juicy steak or to a movie.  And I'm going to try to not be so critical of

my teenage daughters.  Anyone w/ teenagers will know how hard it is to let them make up their own

minds & suffer their own consequences.

Frequent Visitor
jmack434

To lose weight and get healthier.

Occasional Advisor
zeegoss1

Resolution

My New Year's Resolution is to enjoy each day as a holiday.

It's a gift you know.       Zee

Advisor
Svetter3105

New Years Resolution

I plan to save more money this year.

Occasional Visitor
PhyllisA

New Year's Goal

I help people get low cost spaying/neutering for homeless cats.  We were able to sterilize over 800 this year and hope to double that number in 2011.  A spay in time saves 9 (or 7 or 5)!

Occasional Visitor
jburns9473

Healthy New Year

I will be Healthy in the New Year!

Frequent Advisor
grc2e0

My New years resolution

i will give more back to the community ,go back to church and be a better person.

klw
Occasional Visitor
klw

My New Year's resolutions

In 2011, I plan to continue the NutriSystem diet that I began on September 21, and has enabled me to lose 20 pounds so far. I also plan to start an exercise routine so that I can get more active, strengthen my muscles, and lose fat. I also want to save more money each month. Here's hopin'!

Frequent Visitor
TayreeAnn

New Years Resolution

To leave early to be on time, to get more excersise, to be more organized.

Occasional Visitor
writermite

How do I enter the New Year's Resolution sweepstakes?

Occasional Visitor
writermite

Is this how I enter New Year's Resolution?

Rustle my bones, rattle those pans, and be what I know I can be!

Occasional Advisor
gtcedey

My goal is to walk or get in some kind of exercise at lea...

My goal is to walk or get in some kind of exercise at least 5 days out of the week.

Occasional Visitor
jaxbug

Community Service

My New Year's Resolution will be to perform a community service project once a month.

Occasional Visitor
bushx2

Lose weight and get fit!

Occasional Visitor
raa2kra

New Years Resolution

Surround myself with more positive people and do one thing this year outside my comfort zone

Occasional Visitor
hazelgeier

2011 NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION

In September, I learned that kidney cancer had metastasized to my lungs and nymph nodes. I didn’t know if I would live to see 2011. Thanks to my participation in a clinical study, my cancer has stabilized. Now, I resolve to treat every day of the new year as a gift I have been given.