Occasional Visitor
dianeburda

AT&T discount on cell phone bill using AAA membership card!

On December 6, 2009, I initiated an updated new contract with my cell phone service.

I was asked if I was a AAA member, as I could appreciate an approximate $7-$10 savings on my monthly bill they stated.

Of course I was pleased with this 'benefit"  and gave them my  AAA information .

WELL, when I received my first invoice, there was a $36.00 "first time" fee for initiating this DISCOUNT opportunity to my

monthly bill! (I learned this after making a  real- time call to AT&T customer service and spoke with "Justin")

Is there something wrong with this picture?  AT&T is making money using the AAA membership card?

It will take me 5 months to recover this  "discount" on my bill.  "Justin" said there is nothing he can do about it?

I  HOPE that the AAA administration KNOWS about this practice that's is on-going by AT&T company!

I F you do know.........hope you are getting a kickback!....As I do believe I will be canceling my membership.

I can't afford "discounts" like this!!

Signed, .......Not happy!   

Community Manager
StephenW

We have a partnership with T-Mobile and Consumer Cellular...

We have a partnership with T-Mobile and Consumer Cellular, not AT&T.

I have heard of some businesses that we do not have an official partnership with offering AAA discounts to match their competitors, but never anything like this. Did you update directly with AT&T, or with a third-party vendor?

I will contact you offline for specifics to see if we can assist with this. Most unusual.

Occasional Visitor
LDill

I asked T-Mobile to.

Good morning all,

I upgraded my T-Mobile account and asked for the discount. The rep was unsure & directed me to another rep which stated that I had already upgraded with discounts & that the T-Mobile discounts was for merchandise. Is this right? As a T-Mobile customer what rights, discounts do we have? And yes I had the additional fee as well like the first person mentioned. Can someone advise? Thank you.

Lisa

Community Manager
StephenW

The link above (and here) has the details for new and exi...

The link above (and here) has the details for new and existing T-Mobile customers. I've copied, also:

• Save 14% on monthly recurring charges on qualifying plan for new and existing customers.*
  • New Customers: Offer available by visiting AAA.com/TMobile, calling 1-877-AAA-7494; use promo code: AAA or by visiting a T-Mobile store. $35 activation fee waived. Special 30-day return policy on new activations.
    Additional discounts on the latest devices available online or by calling 1-877-AAA-7494; use promo code: AAA.
  • Existing Customers: Offer only available by calling 1-877-AAA-7494; use promo code: AAA or by visiting a T-Mobile store.
  • To find a T-Mobile store near you, click here
    Disclaimers/Conditions

Community Manager
StephenW

Limited Time Offer

Oh, and we have some limited time offers for T-Mobile on our AAA Member Days page.

Occasional Visitor
LDill

Wonderful.

Thanks for your fast response. This will not only help me but others. Thank you again.

Occasional Advisor
childofGod

AT & T

It's a shame you didn't speak to someone who has or has had AT & T.  They could have told you that AT & T has no real custome service, (you would need to spend approximately 2 1/2 hours on hold to get someone and you need to speak to a different person for phone, cable and internet.), when you do get someone, they try to placate you by saying they will "fix" the problem on their end and they will not come out to replace their bad routers or anything else.  They do not provide channels listed under their plans and tell you you need to upgrade in order to get them, internet is slow, etc...
As far as the $36 initial fee, it's typical of AT & T's practices.

Occasional Visitor
oneplace

partnership with Consumer Cellular

Is this partnership with Consumer Cellular only in certain areas, reason I ask is I just tried to join Consumer Cellular and I put my zip in as they called for and press enter and when it went into Consumer Cellular main menu it said that there was no AAA member discount from that area. My zip is 55433 one of the many zip codes in the Minnesota twincity areas.