Occasional Visitor

Complaint

My wife and I went to the Port Richey office this morning. The receptionist asked how she could help us. We said we would like to talk to a travel agent. She then asked if this was car, cruise or air. We told her air. The next thing out of her mouth was, you know that there is a $35.00 per person charge for air. I was dumfounded. First off we are only in the beginning stage of planning a 2 week vacation to Hawaii and California. Besides airlines,we will need hotels, possibly rental cars and would like suggections on tours to take. I am not about to pay $70.00 to have an agent give us some suggestions and help us plan this trip. 

We have been AAA members for a very long time and rarely use any of the services. Now they want to charge me $70.00 just to talk!! I don't think so. I'll talk my business elsewhere.

Occasional Visitor

Where is Port Richey?

I've never visit Port Richey?  Is there a legitimate reason why the agent would require a surcharge just to help AAA members find out more about airline prices?  We have a great AAA travel agency in Berwyn, IL but if you can't get here you might be able to call a general 800 number to get travel information.  Don't give up.  Most AAA offices have great deals and great service.  

Experienced Member,

ShyTown

AAA
To ensure you receive the best service,
please enter your ZIP code: