Occasional Visitor
64bs65

Travel on I-75

What would be the best day to travel from Fort Myers, FL to Atlanta on I-75?  Would there be less road traffic on a Sunday versus Monday or Tuesday?

Trusted Contributor
Adrienne

I'm looking into this, I'll try to get back to you as soo...

I'm looking into this, I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible!

Trusted Contributor
Adrienne

Well, the obvious answer would be traveling in "off&...

Well, the obvious answer would be traveling in "off" hours would provide less traffic, as well as avoiding holiday weekends. Avoid commuter times (morning and evening) in any metro area, and possibly Friday evening or Saturday morning because traffic may be heavier if folks were leaving for a weekend trip.

As far as I-75 goes, it is very heavy with construction from Ft. Myers north to the Tampa Bay area. North of Tampa until Brooksville is another problem area, as is the junction of I-10 and I-75. South Georgia has areas of construction as well as Strict Enforcement in the Valdosta area. The Atlanta area is subject to various projects, and many times the work on these projects is done during "off" hours, thus creating possible delay.

Either one of these websites can can provide more info, in Florida or Georgia. You can also use the state's 511 system available in both states for travel information.

Overall, its best to allow sifficient time to reach the destination to avoid stress and travel safely. Hope this helps! 

Occasional Visitor
LoriBasting

Traveling on I75 to ATL

Just thought I would suggest how we do the I75 to ATL from (Lake County). We travel to Kentucky up to 3 times a year. Normally we rest up and leave home after 6:00 p.m. on "low traffic days" for example, a Monday night. We usually stop at Exit 2 in GA. for a late night snack, cold drinks, and gas. We usually get to ATL around 2 a.m. after rest stops and all. Getting us to our destination in Kentucky around 8:00 a.m. We go through ATL, Chattanooga, and Nashville in the middle of the night and very early morning RARELY running into any traffic at all - construction or not.

Hope this helps someone,

Lori Basting

Tavares, Florida